"
By Fabian and Stephen

GARISSA Cheap Adidas Originals Superstar Slip On Trainer White , Kenya, April 2 (Xinhua) -- Kenyan authorities on Saturday beefed up security along the border with Somalia as the East African nation marks the first anniversary since the massacre of the 148 people at the Garissa University College.

Speakers at the memorial ceremony called on Kenyans to be very vigilant in the wake of increased terror attacks across the East African nation, once an oasis of peace in the troubled Horn of Africa region.

Thousands of people drawn from all walks of life gathered at the institution to mark the first anniversary since the deadly terror attack that left 148 people dead majority of them students.

Security was tight in and around the university college with those entering subjected to through frisking and screening by armed security personnel as hundreds turn for the memorial marathon.

Leaders led by the college's principle Professor Ahmed Warfa and Garissa township lawmaker who is also the Leader of Majority in Parliament Aden Duale participated in the 5km marathon which the organizers said was aimed at bringing cohesion and integration between Kenyans after the worst terror attack in the country.

A few families of those who were killed in the attack also showed up at the memorial.

Speaking after finishing the marathon, Duale said the fact that people of different walk turned at the memorial was true testimony that they are united against the heinous act of terror.

He said the militants' sole intention was to divide Kenyans along religious and ethnic lines, but said that they did not succeed in doing so.

""We want to tell the terrorists from wherever they are, whether ISIS Cheap Adidas x Pharrell Williams Men Vulc Slip On Blue , Al-Shabaab or any other terror group that as a country we will not allow them to replace the pen with the bullet,"" he said.

Duale said the Garissa terror attack was not exceptional as terror acts could occur anywhere in the globe, citing the recent Brussels attack that left scores dead.

""We are here one year later to tell the nation and the world that it is happening in, Brussels, Paris and Istanbul and what happened at the Garissa University can only be fought when we are united globally and as a country,"" he said.

The Majority Leader however appreciated the effort done by the government after the deadly terror attacks noting that the posting of top security chiefs who hails from the region had largely led to improvement of security in the region.

The government has deployed more than 2 Cheap Adidas Originals Superstar Slip On Trainer Black ,000 soldiers along the Kenya-Somalia border following the attack which was one of the deadliest ever.

The police have also been supplied with armoured multi-purpose vehicles to boost their surveillance.

The terror incident was a game changer on security matters in the area since many businesses were badly affected by the insecurity that also saw civil servants including professionals vacate the region.

Duale, however, thanked Kenyans for standing with Garissa at their hour of need, noting that most civil servants had resumed their duties.

This, he said, shows how Kenyans are resilient and patriotic.

"

BEIJING Cheap Adidas Women's Originals Superstar Slip on Pink , May 25 (Xinhua) -- A week after winning her maiden professional title in her native Thailand, Wichanee Meechai picked up her first international victory Saturday in shooting a nine-under 63, a new China LPGA Tour record for low round, to claim the 500,000-yuan Beijing Challenge.

The 20-year-old Bangkok native, winner of the Singha-SAT Thai LPGA Championship last week Cheap Women's Adidas Superstar White Power Red , finished with a 54-hole score of 10-under 206, two strokes better than compatriot Walailak Satarak (71) and Korean Jang So-young (70).

The victory was worth 75,000 yuan.

"I feel great today. Today is a wonderful day. My putting is great," said Wichanee, daughter of Asian Tour tournament director Wanchai Meechai. "My friends in my group say this is crazy, this is crazy today. I'm very happy. I'm so proud of myself and I think my parents are so proud of me."

With the weather at Orient (Beijing) Pearl Golf Country Club hot and sunny Cheap Adidas Superstar Nigo Bear Leather Black White , the conditions were perfect for some low scores. Wichanee, who started the day six shots off the lead, came out blazing with five birdies on the front nine. She then picked up four more strokes on the back nine.

"I think in golf anything is possible," she said. "Two wins in a row is pretty cool. I think it is a lucky day and my putter is very good."

Chinese rookie Chen Cuixia finished fourth on the strength of a final round 66, three shots back, while 15-year-old amateur Shi Yuting Cheap Adidas Superstar Mesh Red White , the co-leader through the first two rounds, stumbled to 73, tied for equal fifth with Chinese Taipei's Liu Yi-chen (71) at four shots off the pace.

"I'm disappointed," said Beijing native Shi who was playing in the final group for the third time in a CLPGA Tour event. "My putting wasn't ideal, not very good. I missed a couple of short putts."

Walailak, the overnight co-leader who was looking for her first victory since winning twice in Canada in 2008 Cheap Adidas Men's Originals Superstar Pharrell Supershell White , lamented her missed opportunity.

"Today my game wasn't really good. I didn't hit a solid shot, didn't make any putts. I always put myself in a bad position to get to the pin so I couldn't get close. I was on the green but not close enough to get birdie. I was saving par all day."

The Tour now moves to Shandong province for next week's 500,000-yuan Bank of Qingdao Golden Mountain Challenge starting Thursday.

The fifth year of the China LPGA Tour features 10 events, culminating in the Hyundai China Ladies Open this December in Xiamen, Fujian province.

Andreja Klepac (L) of Slovenia and Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez of Spain encourage each other during the doubles first round match against Chuang Chia-Jung of Chinese Taipei and Liang Chen of China at 2017 WTA Wuhan Open in Wuhan, capital of central China's Hubei Province Cheap Adidas X Pharrell Williams Men's Superstar Supershell Floral NMD , on Sept. 26, 2017. Andreja Klepac of Sloveni.