by Xinhua writer Liu Xin

BEIJING yeezy boost 650 uk , March 9 (Xinhua) -- It was a long, dark, snowy winter'snight in 1989. Two street lights sway in the darkness. Yann Laymawas behind the wheel of a jeep in the remote mountains of thesouthwest province of Guizhou.

Suddenly, the car ground to a halt and Yann, along with his twocompanions, had no choice but to walk over 10 kilometers to reachthe ethnic minority community he was going to photograph.

"We did not have enough clothes, so we put newspapers inside ourthin jackets to keep warm yeezy boost 550 uk ," Yann said in pidgin Chinese.

However, they fell through an ice hole. "We were so cold and onthe edge of death," Yann said. "But the villagers dared not help usas China was at the very early beginning of opening-up," Yannexplained. Foreigners, especially in the more under-developedGuizhou, were still a rare sight.

"In their eyes, I was a ghost." Yann said. Finally a girl andher father offered them help. They gave Yann alcohol to warm thebody and emptied a bed for his rest.

This is just one of Yann's stories that span 30 years in China yeezy boost 750 uk ,during which he walked across most of the country.

In 1984, Yann was commissioned to take photographs for thenFrench president Francois Mitterand in the Elysee Palace, Paris,France, for one year. During this time, Francois recommended thatYann read Confucius, the famous ideologist and philosopher.

Through his reading adidas ultra boost uk , Yann fell in love with the far eastcountry.

The inspiration for moving to China came to him in a dream: "Idreamed of taking photographs in China."

It was to be his psychiatrist that suggested he follow his dreamand he gave him a camera.

After studying Chinese in Paris for one year, He went to Taiwanand was given the name "Yan Lei" (thunder in hell).

He moved to Beijing in 1985.

"When I first arrived, there was no expressway and the roadswere full of bicycles."

"The people wore grey and there was not much commercialindustry," he said. "But it was pure like water."

"It is difficult for young people today to understand whatBeijing was like as China has seen remarkable development over thepast few decades," Yann said.

In his words, China's beauty not only exists in colorful ethnicminority regions and grand landscapes, but can also could be foundin common daily life.

Some of his favorite images portray old women. "They all hadbound feet yeezy boost 350 womens uk , a practice that crippled women both physically andspiritually in feudal society," Yann explained. "These images aresnapshots of real life that reflects real history."

His photos range from young people's underground disco party tothe operation of China's first stock exchange.

Even though his works seldom touch on politics, Yann said he hadbeen interrogated by the policemen when holding a camera in thestreet in 1980s.

"They would asked me what I was doing and what I photographing,"Yann said. "But I had not broken any rules."

In the 1980s, personal relationships with foreigners were rarein China. "Anyone who came into contact with me had to report andregister with the higher authorities," Yann told.

Yann can now walk and ride without any special attention fromothers across the country.

"It was truly a huge progress for China, which marks its moreinclusiveness yeezy boost 350 mens uk ," Yann said. However, he still witnessed thetraditional cultures' fading during the country's rising.

"I returned to the village in Guizhou province in 1998," hesaid. "But I could not find the conventional life styles such asdiversified minority costumes."

To preserve his memory of China's 1980s to 1990s, he haspublished five books of photo collection, including newly launched"Yesterday's China" last month.

The selected photos in the book were captured from 1985 to 1995."People prefer to leaf through the pictures of juvenile and youthperiod," the book's publisher Na Rising noted, "since they carryour abundant memory of past time."

Yann Layma's story with China has not stopped. In 2005 yeezy boost 350 oxford tan uk , YannLayma was granted as the Chevalier de la Legion d'Honneur due tohis great contribution to China-France culture exchanges.

Over three years ago, he met his current wife online. And now,they split their time between Beijing and Tours, France, with their10-month child. Yann spends a lot more time selling the works ofother Chinese photographers abroad.

Some people, in China and France, doubt his transition from artto commerce. "I just hope to live better though I am turning to bea businessman yeezy boost 350 moonrock uk ," he responded. Enditem

Transporter Hotshot Service provider

We will Transport RVs, Boats, Cars and trucks and Equipment Any Place In Canada!

There Is Rush Transport In BC – Alberta

Transporting 24-7 Has a Storage Property To Store Your Boat or RV!

We Tow RVs & Boats To and from the US!

We Have Hotshot Transport Drivers In Alberta & BC For Fast Pick Up!

Mobile Home Shipping, Travel Trailer Transportation !

Flat Deck Transport! 20鈥?To 53鈥?Trailers Any Place In Canada!

Enclosed Antique Automobile Transport, Organization Cargo Transporting!

5th Wheel Transporting – Motor Home Transport Canada Wide!

Timber Transport, Wood Trucking, Pellet Hauling yeezy boost 350 turtle dove uk , Paving Stone Carry!

Oil Field Equipment Towing – Rush Shipping and delivery!

Towing 24-7 Will be able to Transport whatever you Have to have At any place!

Fantastic Quotes, Awesome Service Very good Operators, Across Canada

Any time You鈥檙e Not In Rush We will Will Get You A back Haul!

Entirely Covered with insurance Cargo & Liability!

Decide on Trucking 24-7 To Transport Your Freight

RV Towing, Boat Hauling, Boat Transport, Canada RV Shipping!

Mobile Home Shipping Mobile Hauling Modular transporting Canada

RV delivery – Boat Hauling

Boat Hauling along with RV Transport.

Equipment Hauling, Flat Deck Tr. Jerseys Wholesale   Nike NBA Jerseys Wholesale   MLB Jerseys Wholesale   Basketball Jerseys Online   Soccer Jerseys Cheap   Authentic MLB Jerseys China   Retro Soccer Jerseys Wholesale   Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale   Adidas NHL Jerseys From China   Authentic NFL Jerseys Free Shipping