BEIJING, April 16 (Xinhua) -- Chinese general merchandise firms suffered shrinking profits last year and are shutting down their physical stores due to rising costs and impacts from the growing e-commerce market.

The total profit of 80 major Chinese department stores fell by 12.05 percent in 2015, according to a report jointly released recently by China Commerce Association for General Merchandise, and Hong Kong retailer Fung Group.

About half suffered drops in sales and 150 Chinese chain store companies closed 100 outlets in 2015, double the number shut down in 2014. Chinese general merchandise giant Wanda closed 56 outlets last year.

Rising rent and labor costs narrowed profit margins and investment on business transformation also added to the financial pressure, the report pointed out.

Meanwhile, the growing e-commerce market is grabbing the opportunities left by the departure of brick-and-mortar stores as more customers go online to buy food, clothes and home appliances.

Analysts from information service provider Anbound Group said that customers' demand for retail products did not shrink -- as evidenced by record overseas consumption last year.

"The top challenge for Chinese department stores is not how to deal with the impact from e-commerce platforms, but how to keep domestic consumption demand within China," according to a report released by Anbound.

The previous approach, an over reliance on price adjustments instead of improving service and customer experience, has contributed to department stores' woes, said Du Baoxiang, vice president with Wangfujing Group.

In addition, most department stores focus on selling products produced by other companies rather than developing their own brands or introducing brands exclusively, Du said.

Chinese department stores are looking to transform, after all, they must. About 70.2 percent of the surveyed firms have made forays into other fields such as supermarkets, restaurants and KTV, and about 85.5 percent introduced interactive elements to improve the customer experience, according to the report.

Moving their products and service online is also a common choice. About 55 percent of the surveyed companies have started e-commerce endeavors to integrate resources and improve efficiency, the report added.

The Internet alone, however, will not address the challenges, cautioned Song Hua, business school professor with Renmin University of China, adding that only the combination of a sound supply chain and insightful consumer data can bring real value and profit.

Summer may be a daunting time for parents who have active children who do not entertain themselves easily. It can be even more difficult for parents such as myself who work from home.

I never realized how many different types of summer camps there were for children these days. Let me help you narrow down your search. You’ll have to see what’s locally available for your child Nike M2K Tekno Phantom Women's Grey Silver , but generally speaking, these are the types of camps offered.

Day Camps versus Residential Camps

You’ll have to decide whether you and your child are ready for a residential camp in which the child stays at the facility overnight. Personally Nike Vandal 2K Women's Black Gold , I’m not there yet! Yes, my kiddos might drive me a little batty while I’m trying to work during the day Nike Vandal 2K Women's Metallic Silver Red , but I want them home with me at night. However, older children may benefit from this experience and learn a bit of independence.

Day camps can be all day or partial days and they are usually set up so that you can go on a week-to-week basis. This is especially helpful if you have a vacation planned.

Types of Camps

Athletic Camps: These are great for teaching your child a sport. Whether you want your child to play soccer Nike Odyssey React Women's Gray Black , basketball, baseball (the sky is the limit) or perhaps a less traditional sport such as fencing Nike Odyssey React Habanero Women's Red White , there’s a camp that can teach beginners and advanced athletes. Many junior high schools put on athletic camps towards the end of the summer and offer try-outs for sports teams in junior high for sixth graders.

FitnessWeight Loss Camps: If your child is overweight or obese, many camps specialize in teaching children proper eating and exercise habits. Even if your child is not overweight Nike Odyssey React Women's Casual Arctic Pink White , learning to incorporate healthy eating and exercise into their daily lives is truly a life-long gift.

Performing Arts Camps: Do you have a budding star? Performing arts is fantastic for improving self-confidence in your child whether they are out-going or rather shy. Fear of public speaking sometimes trumps the fear of death in individuals, and a performing arts camp will help your child become comfortable in front of an audience. You never know Nike Odyssey React Black Women's , you might just have a future Russell Crowe or Nicole Kidman on your hands!

Computer Camp: Advanced computer techniques such as web design and graphics are becoming more and more important. Despite our declining economy, many internet businesses are staying afloat and profiting. This is a good indicator that your child will rely on the internet no matter what they choose as a career someday. A computer camp is a fun and valuable way for your child to spend part of his or her summer.

There are plenty of summer camps available for your child and many variations. Do your homework and make sure that the camp is run by competent entities that follow all licensing procedures. For instance Nike Odyssey React Desert Sand Sail Pink Women's , a weight loss or fitness camp should have licensed registered dieticians and qualified athletic trainers.

Nikita is a marketer interested in
Weight Loss Camps.
You can view more info about

Weight Loss Program

RIO DE JANEIRO, Jan. 19 (Xinhua) -- Brazil coach Tite has included former Real Madrid, Manchester City and AC Milan forward Robinho in his squad for next week's friendly against Colombia, a match t. Dallas Goedert Jersey   Authentic Bradley Chubb Jersey   Authentic Alex Smith Jersey   Authentic Adam Thielen Jersey   Aaron Rodgers Womens Jersey   Von Miller Womens Jersey   Tom Brady Womens Jersey   Todd Gurley II Kids Jersey   T. J. Watt Kids Jersey   Stefon Diggs Vikings Jersey